Matt Gaetz (R-FL) is an outspoken conservative in Congress and a defender of former President Donald Trump.
This makes him a top target for Democrats, Big Tech, and the Fake News Media.
But Matt Gaetz is taking a victory lap after the Department of Justice released this bombshell statement.
The human trafficking investigation
Back in March of 2021, the New York Times ran an article accusing Matt Gaetz of having an inappropriate relationship and traveling across state lines with a 17-year-old girl .
Then-Attorney General Bill Barr launched a human trafficking investigation against Gaetz.
Since day one, Gaetz has adamantly maintained his full innocence.
$25 million extortion case
Immediately, Gaetz responded by claiming a former member of the Justice Department made up the story in an attempt to extort $25 million from him.
Over the past several weeks my family and I have been victims of an organized criminal extortion involving a former DOJ official seeking $25 million while threatening to smear my name.
We have been cooperating with federal authorities in this matter…
— Matt Gaetz (@mattgaetz) March 30, 2021
“Over the past several weeks my family and I have been victims of an organized criminal extortion involving a former DOJ official seeking $25-Million while threatening to smear my name,” Gaetz tweeted at the time. “I demand the DOJ immediately release the tapes, made at their direction, which implicate their former colleague in crimes against me based on false allegations.”
The tapes he’s talking about are from a wire the FBI made his father wear.
At the time, Gaetz was interviewed by Axios and said the Left was using the fact that he was a young single guy with money to try and take him out.
“I have definitely, in my single days, provided for women I’ve dated,” Gaetz said in the Axios interview. “You know, I’ve paid for flights, for hotel rooms. I’ve been, you know, generous as a partner. I think someone is trying to make that look criminal when it is not. I believe that there are people at the Department of Justice who are trying to criminalize my sexual conduct, you know when I was a single guy.”
In November of last year, Stephen Alford pleaded guilty to attempting to extort Gaetz.
However, that wasn’t enough to get the Left to stop falsely labeling Gaetz as a sex offender.
But Gaetz is now owed a huge apology, as the Biden Justice Department is choosing not to charge him with any crimes.
Fox News is reporting that the Department of Justice has wrapped up its investigation into Gaetz.
According to the report, officials reached out to Gaetz’s lawyers and confirmed no charges would be filed against him.
“The Department of Justice has confirmed to Congressman Gaetz’s attorneys that their investigation has concluded and that he will not be charged with any crimes,” Gaetz’s office wrote in a statement.
Time will tell if this will finally get the Left to drop its standard line about Gaetz or continue ignoring the truth and keep defaming him as a sex offender.